General Data Protection Regulation known as GDPR will come into force on 25th May 2018. This affects all companies and the way they keep information about their customers. Part of the regulation requires us to inform you about the data we keep and how we do it.
What personal information do we hold about you and why
- Wavelength Electronics Ltd is the UK representative for the manufacturers of electronics components and assemblies listed on the pages of www.wavelengthelectronics.co.uk we will only share data with the manufacturer about which you have expresses an interest.
- Wavelength Electronics Ltd will not store personal data relating to an individual’s home or private address, telephone number or e-mail. We will only store data linked to a business address, phone number or e-mail.
- If you correspond with Wavelength Electronics Ltd we will retain the correspondence only as long as is necessary for the purposes traceability and quality control.
- We will retain business contact information about you to enable Wavelength Electronics Ltd to keep you informed about our principal manufacturers latest products, technical developments and capabilities.
- We retain business correspondence and commercial documentation up to 7 years for HMRC and Taxation, and up to 25 years for traceability when facilitating the supply of high reliability components for use in critical applications.
Who do we share your information with
- Your details will never be shared without good reason and will remain under our control and management always.
- As a manufacturer’s representative we will share your information with the original manufacturer of the product in which you have expressed an interest or from which you have requested product information or a quotation.
- We will never sell your data to a third party.
- Personal data of private individuals is not stored by Wavelength Electronics ltd.
Keeping your information safe
We treat the security of storing your individual business information seriously. All data stored securely on remote servers.
How long do we keep your information?
We keep your information only if it is necessary. If we have entered into a contract with you and received payment for goods/services provided, it is necessary to keep your information for up to 7 years to satisfy HMRC tax regulations. For products that require a certificate of conformity and retention of fully traceability we will store data and correspondence for up to 25 years.
Access to your information and other rights
You have a right to access the information that we hold about you and to receive a copy. You should submit your request to us in writing, by post.
You can also request us to:
- Correct any information that you believe is incorrect or incomplete
- Erase information we hold about you although you should be aware that for legal reasons (tax and accounting as mentioned above) we may be unable to erase certain information.