Q-Tech miniature high-temp oscillators target down-hole applications
Q-Tech’s ultra-miniature QTCH series oscillators are offered in SMT packages as small as 2.5x3.2 mm and have been tailored for specific oil industry applications, such as down-hole drilling and data logging.
In addition, their suitability for high-temperature environments makes them an ideal choice for other industries, such as avionics.
Q-Tech Corporation, the world’s leading supplier of crystal oscillators for space, military, avionics and high-temperature applications have designed the ultra-miniature QTCH series with a wide operating temperature range of -55C to 200C. The series comprises of low profile, surface-mount package sizes, making them ideal for down-hole drilling as well as a host of other high-temperature, high shock/vibration applications.
The QTCH series
- Surface-mount (SMD) crystal oscillators
- Supporting frequencies between 1MHz and 48MHz
- Capable of operating over a wide supply voltage range from 1.8Vdc to 5.0Vdc
- Exhibit very low power consumption of <3mA
- Offered in three low-profile ceramic packages - 2.5x3.2mm, 3.2x5.0mm and 5.0x7.0mm
- Hermetically sealed with gold plated contacts or hot solder dipped
The QTCH series answers the demand for superior performance in extreme high-temperature applications. Just as with our low-earth orbit and other military/aerospace crystals, the QTCH Series goes to places where failure isn’t an option.
Scott Sentz, Q-Tech’s Director of Sales and Marketing
Available in the UK from Wavelength Electronics, the QTCH series of oscillators are ECCN: EAR99 classified, lead-free and RoHS compliant. Military screening per MIL-PRF-55310 is also available.